- J.D. Admissions
- Fast Facts
- Tuition and Cost of Attendance
- Types of Financial Aid
- Access Your Financial Aid on MySlice
- Application Steps
- Budget Calculator
- Apply for a Loan
- Manage Your Debt
- Loan Repayment
Orange U $avvy
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Policies
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Contact Financial Aid
- LL.M. Admitted Student Checklist
- Bar Examination Information
- Conditional Admittance Program
- Curriculum by Subject Area
- Funding the LL.M. Program: Student Loans & Partnership Opportunities
- Housing Information
- Legal English Summer Session
- LL.M. Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Message from the Director
- Online Application
- Request Information
- LL.M. Program Cost of Attendance
- Meet the Staff
- Transfer Admissions
- ABA Required Disclosures
Applying as a Visiting Student
|Criteria for Admission||The Index||Admission Requirements||Applying as a Transfer Student||Applying as an International Student||Applying to a Joint Degree Program||Applying as a Visiting Student||Laptop Computer Requirements||Applying to the Leo Program|
Students from other ABA or AALS approved law schools may be permitted to complete their third year as a visiting student at Syracuse University College of Law.
Application requirements for visiting student applicants:
- Current admission application form indicating "Visitor" status.
- Official law school transcript showing all first and second year grades.
- CAS report (a file copy of the top page sent by current law school's Registrar's Office is acceptable).
- Letter from the dean of the applicant’s current law school verifying that the student is in good academic standing and that the law school will award the J.D. degree after the student completes all requirements. This letter must also state that the school approves of the student’s curriculum choice at Syracuse, list any special course requirements that need to be completed, and provide the minimum grade acceptable for coursework completed at Syracuse University College of Law.
The deadline to apply as a visiting student is June 1st.