LL.M. Program Frequently Asked Admissions Questions
Who is your LL.M. program for?
The LL.M. Program at Syracuse University College of Law is for foreign educated students who have a degree in law from a non-U.S. institution or who is licensed to practice law in their country.
How many credits is the LL.M. Program?
What is the LL.M. application deadline date?
May 15. Students are encouraged to apply early, because we review applications on a “rolling” basis. Applications will be reviewed throughout the admissions cycle and decision made on an on-going basis.
What is your application fee?
What is your Student to Faculty Ratio?
12 to 1
Where do your students come from?
Our students come from all over the country and the world. Each year, approximately 40-50% of our J.D. students are from New York State. After New York, we generally get the largest number of students from California, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Our student-body is made up of law students from approximately 30 different states and 15 foreign countries.
What is your LL.M. Program tuition?
Tuition for the 2013-14 academic year is $49,500. Related fees will equal $1,700.
What are the application requirements?
- LL.M. 2013 application form (available through the LSAC flex application) and $75 application fee
- Personal Statement
- An official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score (not more than three years old) with a recommended score of 100/250/600.
- Proof of financial support showing at least $70,000 USD to cover your expenses for the LL.M. Program. If this proof documentation is not in the applicant’s name, the documentation must also include a letter from the applicant’s sponsor that states the sponsor’s relationship to the applicant and that s/he agrees to cover the cost of tuition and fees.
- Official transcript(s) from all international institutions attended. These transcripts must be in the student’s native language AND include an English translated copy.
- Two letters of recommendation
Do you have On-Campus housing?
Yes! The brand new Campus West Apartments opened fall 2012 for law and graduate students and are just steps away from the College of Law facilities. These state-of-the-art apartments are fully-furnished and much of the utility costs are rolled in to the monthly rent payment. The west campus area will also include ground floor retail space that will allow students easy access to such things as a coffee shop, a convenience store, and satellite bookstore.
Is public transportation readily available?
Yes. The Syracuse campus and local Syracuse area operate the CENTRO bus system. Check out the CENTRO website for information on stops that will serve your needs at CENTRO BUS.
Can I schedule a formal visit to the College of Law?
The Admissions Office schedules individual visits for prospective students. Once you have selected a date to visit, contact the admissions office at 315/443-1962 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. During your visit you can sit in on a first-year law class, take a tour of the College of Law facilities, meet with an Admissions counselor and with Prof. Aviva Abramovsky, Director of the LL.M. Program.
Who should I contact with more questions?
Andrew Horsfall, Associate Director of Admissions and LL.M. Recruitment at email@example.com.
For More InformationAndrew Horsfall
Associate Director of Admissions and LL.M. Recruitment