Checklist for Entering Students
- Submit online Intent to Register form and seat deposit in the amount of $500 (Due by advance deposit date listed on the Intent to Register form within your admission packet).
- Submit online Intent to Register form again and repeat payment steps for second seat deposit in the amount of $500 (Due by second deposit deadline date listed on Intent to Register form within your admission packet).
- The College of Law requires a digital photo of yourself for use in your permanent file, creation of your SU Student ID Card, and for a College of Law photo directory. The directory will be distributed to College of Law faculty and the entire incoming class at the beginning of the school year. By submitting your digital photo, you agree to have it included in the first-year photo directory and distributed to the faculty and your 1L classmates. Please send your photo in digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 1, 2012, and include your name in the subject line of your email. Photos MUST be in .jpeg format and no more than 2 MB. Your photo should also be a high quality, clear photo with a plain background, a front view of your whole face, with no others in the photo, taken within the last three months, and taken without a hat or dark glasses.
- Request your final degree-bearing transcript be sent from your undergraduate school to the College of Law Admissions Office. It is an ABA requirement to have an original transcript from your degree-bearing undergraduate school showing the date that your bachelor's degree was conferred as part of your law school record by the first day of classes. The copy of your final transcript found within your CAS report does not fulfill this requirement. Please contact your undergraduate school and request a final copy be sent to the Admissions Office.
- Complete the Registration form re-confirming your plans to enroll at Syracuse Law this fall. This form will become available in late-June and you will be notified about this form at that time.
- Secure housing arrangements. Visit the Housing information area of our website to learn about On and Off-campus options for graduate student housing. You will also find details on other incoming law students looking for a roommate!
- Complete the SU Health Form. This must be done before you can be registered for classes. Although the form specifies a June 1st deadline, law students need only have this form submitted prior to your arrival on campus.
- Have required laptop ordered and available to use by the first day of orientation, August 20th.
- Pre-purchase textbooks and parking permit (both can also be done during orientation).
- Activate your Syracuse University NETID and University email account. You can find these instructions on the main Syracuse University web site at:
- Contact current law student ambassadors or your upperclass student mentor with any remaining questions. You will hear directly from your assigned Student Mentor in July.
- Review the Financial Aid checklist to ensure that you have completed all necessary
steps to finalize your financial aid and student loans.